Quick Exit
Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Children Partnership logo Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Adults Board logo

Other Useful Organisations

PLEASE NOTE: Information in this section is not a recommendation or endorsement. The RBSAB is not responsible for the content of external websites.

Hourglass (Action on Elder Abuse)

Works to protect vulnerable adults and prevent the abuse of vulnerable adults. Their work includes providing a helpline provides information, advice and support to adults at risk and others who are concerned about or have witnessed abuse.

Helpline 0808 808 8141

Mon-Fri 9am-5pm

Hourglass (wearehourglass.org)

Ann Craft Trust (ACT)

ACT works to ensure that organisations that support people, disabled children and vulnerable adults are aware of abuse and protection issues. This includes providing advice to anyone who has a query about the protection of vulnerable children and adults, including professionals, parents, carers and family members.

Tel: 0115 951 5400


BT Nuisance Call Advice

If you are receiving persistent malicious calls, you can contact the Nuisance Call Advice Line.

Tel: 0800 661 441


Care Quality Commission

Regulates care provided by the NHS, local authorities, private companies and voluntary organisations and protects the interests of people whose rights are restricted under the Mental Health Act.

Tel: 0845 015 0120

Citizens Advice Bureau

Providing free information and advice about legal, financial and a host of other issues Contact your local branch.

Tel: 0844 847 2638


Counselling Directory

Counselling Directory is a confidential service that encourages those in distress to seek help. The directory contains information on many different types of distress, as well as articles, news, and events. To ensure the professionalism of our website, all counsellors have provided us with qualifications and insurance cover or proof of membership with a professional body.



Independent Charity enabling anybody with information about criminal activity to pass it on, without living in fear of the consequences.

Tel: 0800 555111 (24hrs)


Disclosure and Barring Scheme

The role of the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) is to help employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups including children. It replaces the Independent Safeguarding and Criminal Records Bureau.

DBS referrals and barring:

Tel: 01325 953795
DBS checks: Tel: 0870 9090811

Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)

HCPC are a regulator, and were set up to protect the public. To do this, they keep a register of health and care professionals who meet the HCPC’s standards for training, professional skills, behaviour and health.

Tel: 0845 300 4472


Health and Safety Executive

Responsible for all health and safety regulations in the UK. It provides information about the regulations and provides guidance on how to improve the health and safety of staff and service users in a variety of establishments.

Healthwatch Rochdale

Healthwatch Rochdale is the independent local health and social care champion and are here to listen to the needs, experiences and concerns of Rochdale residents who use health and social care services and speak out on their behalf.
Healthwatch Rochdale also provide an information service to help people access, understand and navigate the health and social care system.  

Tele: 01706 249 575


Jewish Women’s Aid

Support and information for Jewish women experiencing domestic violence.

Tel: 0808 8010550


Karma Nirvana

Karma Nirvana is a registered Charity that supports victims and survivors of forced marriage and honour based abuse; support includes an advice line.

Tel: 0800 5999 247


MALE (Men’s Advice Line and Enquiries)

Free phone line offering emotional and practical support as well as signposting to local services for men experiencing domestic violence.

Tel: 0808 801 0327


Mencap Whistleblowing Helpline

The Whistleblowing Helpline is an independent, confidential, free phone service for staff and organisations working within the NHS and social care sector. It is commissioned by the Department of Health.

Tel: 0800 724725

National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline

The Free-phone 24 Hour National Domestic Violence Helpline, run in partnership between Women's Aid and Refuge, is a national service for women experiencing domestic violence, their family, friends, colleagues and others calling on their behalf.

Tel: 0808 2000 247


Office of Public Guardian

Supports the functions of the Court of Protection. It can investigate the actions of a Deputy appointed by the Court of Protection or an attorney under a registered Enduring or Lasting Power of Attorney.

Tel: 020 766 47734

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service, known as PALS, has been introduced to ensure that the NHS listens to patients, their relatives, their carers and friends, and answers their questions and resolves their concerns as quickly as possible.

Tel: 0161 716 3178




Qwell is a mental health and wellbeing platform that offers online and anonymous counselling support. There are no costs, no waiting lists, no referrals and no criteria required to access the Qwell website, which has an online practitioner team accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). The counselling service is purely text based and is available 365 days a year, with a chat queue open from 12pm until 10pm on Weekdays and 6pm until 10pm on Weekends.



Provides a helpline offering information and advice to support perpetrators stop their violence and change their abusive behaviour.

Tel: 0845 122 8609



Respond works with children and adults with learning disabilities who have experienced abuse or trauma, as well as those who have abused others, through psychotherapy, advocacy, campaigning and other support. Respond also provides a helpline.

Tel: 0808 808 0700



Samaritans volunteers listen in confidence to anyone in any type of emotional distress, without judging or telling people what to do.

Tel: 08457 90 90 90


Sexual Health Services for Young People

A range of services and contacts are detailed here.

Stop Hate UK

Hate crime can be reported to Stop Hate UK, a voluntary organisation providing support for people affected by hate crime.

Tel: 0800 138 1625 (24hours)

Survivors UK

Provides support in relation to male rape or sexual abuse, includes a helpline service.

Tel: 0845 122 1201


Social Work England

A specialist regulator focused on enabling positive change in social work

Tel: 0808 196 2274

Home - Social Work England

The Forced Marriage Unit

Part of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, provides a wealth of information, multi-agency practice guidelines and an advice line for victims, their friends, relatives and professionals.

Tel: 0207 008 0151

Victim Support Helpline

Victim Support is available to help anyone affected by crime, providing emotional support, information and practical help.

Tel: 0161 200 1950

Women’s Aid

Provides a wealth of support and information in relation to domestic violence.

Tel: 0808 2000 247


Index of all pages: