Provider Safeguarding Responsibilities (Adults)
The Care Act 2014 specifies that when abuse or neglect of an adult is suspected and requires an enquiry, Adult Care may request that this enquiry is undertaken by the organisation concerned. This course will explain the circumstances under which this may occur, the actions to be undertaken by the agency at each stage of the process and where to get advice and guidance.
This course is suitable for employers and managers who have safeguarding responsibilities in relation to adults with care and support needs.
- By the end of the course participants will:
- Be able to distinguish between poor practice and abuse
- Understand the actions to be taken if abuse or neglect is suspected
- Know what to do if concerns are raised about a member of staff
- Understand the adult safeguarding process
- Understand their responsibilities at each stage of the process
- Know where to go for advice or assistance